I have started to really pay attention to this, here’s what I’m discovering:
- I admire curiosity, about self and the world that surrounds me.
- Witnessing relationships grow and heal, moves me.
- I despise walls that separate us from each other and our Creator, I look for opportunities to knock them down.
- I hate assumptions, I love questions.
- Waking up early to hold and drink my coffee eases my mind and soul
- Physical touch, I seek it out with my safe people.
One specific exciting event stands out in my mind this morning-
Our oldest daughter has learned to read. I remember the exact moment the letters and words became real to her:
We were sitting on her bed, book in hand, as she slowly pronounced the words to form the sentence before her. I was so excited that I almost jumped up and down on her bed! It was a miracle! Words became alive to her in that moment, the world would never be the same!
Christmas excites me. Not so much the commercial part, although that has its perks too.
It’s the Great Miracle. The Advent Season is the time each year that we intentionally remember and celebrate the miraculous. A baby! The Savior of the World!
Let this excite you this December, look for opportunities to be a witness to the miracle. Invite family and friends into this miracle, contend for it with all your might.
As I write this, it’s snowing…that excites me too.